ePub & Webfonts
URW is a well-known name in the typefaces industry; they pioneered the technology to digitize outline fonts about 40 years ago from IKARUS. Today with internet affecting everyone’s life on mobile devices, personal computers, it is becoming a norm that we distribute text information over the internet.
In Asia URW is making Chinese fonts available for publication on internet such as ePub books, or fonts viewed by people on a web browser.
In addition to standard single and multiuser licenses for printing, they also offer two further interesting licensing models, for this newly expanding market.
Please take a look at the font samples available on this page. Or please contact us if you have interest on a particular font which is unavailable from our list. We will be glad to provide you from other font vendors.
Mobile and Apps Font License
This license covers the font use in an app and /or web server application for a one year term. Thereafter, the license can be extended for another one year term and so on.
- The license is valid cross platform. iOS, Android and covered in one license.
- The web server application license is valid for one web application (e.g. creation of postcards, t-shirts, ads etc.). It does not include or replace the multiuser desktop license. If the fonts shall be used by several users within a company or organization, a desktop license is required.
- Font Formats: OTF (OpenType with PostScript flavor) and/or TTF (OpenType with TrueType flavor)
- The typeface data are not transferred in "open" form to the user, but rather solely as GIF, JPG, SVG or PDF (Please contact us for additional formats).
- The typefaces may only be used on the licensed server or in the licensed software.
- The license is valid only for a limited time. The licensing charges are due each year.
- The licensee shall ensure that the typefaces are used solely in the designated / defined software.
eBook & ePaper License
Similalry, this license covers the embedding of fonts in an eBook title, an ePaper or in an eNewsletter.
The license is valid for one year and restricted to the title of the Publication.
- Commercial PDFs are ePaper licenses, will require a license.
- If the font is a non-extractable part of a static graphic, no eBook /ePaper license is required. However, for creation of any graphic design, a desktop license is needed.
Please contact Compose for detail of the license, above is for reference only.